Mary Jacobs Events
|Posted on September 11, 2018 at 12:25 AM||comments (1168)|
Our beloved long time coordinator Dani and her husband Shawn's wedding is now on the photo gallery! Special thank to all of the amazing wedding professionals who made her day absolutely perfect!
Bride's Attire: Jocelyn's Bridal
Groom's Attire: Tuxego Latham
Rehearsal Dinner: The Factory (Ballston Spa, NY)
Venue: Anne's Washington Inn
Officiate: Reverand Joy Burke
DJ: Paul Malo
Caterer: Panza's Catering
Photo: Dyan Holt Photography
Hair and Makeup: Suriano's Salon
|Posted on July 9, 2018 at 4:45 PM||comments (512)|
Congratulations to Jacklynn and Ryan who were married this weekend at the beautiful Yaddo Gardens here, in Saratoga Springs! Big thank you to Longfellows for a gorgeous reception and for all your hard work! We are excited to see all of the stunning photos from David Firestine from Firestine Photography who the couple flew in all the way from Atlanta for the big day.
|Posted on July 5, 2018 at 12:50 AM||comments (680)|
We are bursting with joy for our very own coordinator Dani and her new husband Shawn! As many of you know, Dani has been with us from the beginning and will now be starting the next chapter of her life in the sunshine state. We are going to miss her so much, but are so grateful for the many years and many smiles she has given to our couples. Congrats and best of luck to you both!!! Stay tuned for all the beautiful pictures!
Hair/Makeup: Suriano's Salon
Photo: Dyan Holt Photography
Gown: Jocelyn's Bridal
Suits: Tuxego (Latham)
Venue: Anne's Washington Inn (Saratoga Springs)
Officiate: Joy Burke
DJ: Paul Malo
Catering: Panza's Catering
Centerpieces/Bridal Flowers: Mary Jacobs Events
Cake: Villa Italia
|Posted on July 4, 2018 at 1:00 PM||comments (1438)|
Congrats to the Becca and Jeremy who were married last weekend! What a fun, generous and loving couple. This one was very challenging due to the crazy terrential rain...but that did not stop them from having a blast and the dance floor was packed ALL NIGHT! Thank you for trusting us with your big day!
Venue: Burlap and Beams (Terri Larson)
Photo: Juan and team from Bigler Productions
DJ: Shawn & Felipe Gillie
Caterer: The Ugly Rooster (Ariel Pagan)
CHECK OUT THE FULL FEATURE IN REAL SARATOGA BRIDES MAGAZINE-SPRING 2019 EDITITION!!
|Posted on July 4, 2018 at 1:00 PM||comments (1364)|
Thank you and welcome to Cassidy and Aldan who have brought us in to help tie up the details for their August wedding! We are honored and so very excited to help get this amazing couple across the finish line!
|Posted on May 30, 2018 at 12:40 AM||comments (110)|
|Posted on May 30, 2018 at 12:35 AM||comments (473)|
Photography: Dyan Holt Photography (photo credit for above)
DJ: After-FX Professional DJ Service
Ceremony Venue: Wilton Baptist Church
Reception Venue: Holiday Inn Saratoga
|Posted on May 15, 2018 at 1:50 PM||comments (475)|
What a beautiful wedding for Erin & Chris at The Lodge On Echo Lake in Warrensburg, NY! We were absolutely honored to be part of your big day!
Here is a sneak peak from Dyan Holt Photography
|Posted on May 11, 2018 at 12:10 AM||comments (1058)|
Oh the timeless question of "What do we serve for dinner?" The truth is that the unending options are mind boggling and can overwhelm even a seasoned vet. So where do you start? Well...here are my top 5 tips for picking an appropriate menu:
- Mind your own budget! Keep in mind that Off Premise catering is always more expensive (so if you are getting married in a tent or venue that does not offer catering on site). So before you start thinking food, make sure the venue you choose allots for enough money to feed everyone. Keep in mind that the bar accounts for 25%-40% of your per person price, so before you add that top shelf open bar make sure it doesn't force you to serve pizza and wings.
- What kind of feeling is your event? So for instance, if you are getting married in a formal ballroom...a BBQ buffet where guests are eating ribs with their hands is really not appropriate. Match the level of formality of your menu to the level of formality of the venue.
- Food Counts are going to drive you nuts. If you decide to give your guests choices (your remember from every wedding in the world...beef, chicken, fish...ugh), remember that you will be responsible for not only getting all your RSVP's together, but also getting the exact number of each food selection to provide to your caterer. Now of course, a great wedding planner will take care of that for you...but overall it's annoying and not to mention do you think your guests really want to decide what they want for dinner 2 months before they eat it? If you really have your heart set on a "Plated" option...go with a Duet Plate...you'll thank me later!
- Food Stations are super fun and SUPER pricey. Stations Style weddings can be an absolutely great way to blend different cultures, tell the story of your relationship or just keep the night more relaxed and fun. They can also bust your budget wide open. Get all the details of pricing from your caterer before you set your heart this type of service. Buffets can do a lot of the same things at a much lower price. Be sure you work with your venue and caterer TOGETHER. Just because you want stations, doesn't mean they will fit in your room with your guest count, bars, memory tables, photo booth etc.
- Finally...Mary what is your favorite type of service???? Hands down, Family Style Dining is my absolute favorite for weddings. In this type of service, each table gets serving platters/bowls of multiple items to pass, share and enjoy. You get all the benefits of a buffet, in a more formal manner. This is a great way to get guests at tables to talk and engage each other and you still don't have to deal with specific food counts...win, win!
|Posted on May 11, 2018 at 12:05 AM||comments (59)|
Our team is so excited as today marks the beginning of Erin and Chris' Wedding Weekend!! Stay tuned for all the fun details after their big day on Saturday.